History of Our School

Girls High School Badulla was established in 1892 by the methodist mission has a mixed private school with 50 students initially.The school was taken over by the government in 1963. The educational medium was converted into Sinhala from English and renamed as Vishaka Balika Maha Vidyalaya, Badulla. Vishaka Balika Maha Vidyalaya, Badulla was upgraded as a national school by the ministry of education in 1993. Vishaka Balika Maha Vidyalaya now as Vishaka Girls' High School proudly stands in the heart of Badulla town.


Principals 1892 - 2013


  • 1892 - Mrs.Kotten
  • 1890 - Mrs.Beaty
  • 1900 - Mrs.Brailey
  • 1909 - Mrs.Page
  • 1917 - Mrs.Williams
  • 1926 - Mrs.Riordan
  • 1934 - Mrs.Ruth Allen
  • 1940 - Mrs.M.H.Taylor
  • 1946 - Mrs.Tennant
  • 1950 - Mrs.Barker
  • 1953 - Mrs.P.Gnanamuththu
  • 1960 - Mrs.A.Gunarathne
  • 1961 - Mrs.Amarasekara
  • 1964 - Mrs.Subawickrama
  • 1967 - Mrs.R.S.Perera
  • 1969 - Mrs.P.Morawaka/li>
  • 1990 - Mrs.C.Wijesinghe
  • 2004 - Mrs.Suramya Munasinghe
  • 2006 - Mrs.M.Wimalawathi
  • 2012 - Mrs.Manohari Fonseka